Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am very much looking forward to going to Collective Intelligence Foo Camp this weekend.

CI Foo is a Tim O'Reilly gathering hosted by Google to discuss how we can build systems that use "networked computers and humans working together to solve interesting problems."

It looks to be a remarkable event. The list of people invited includes Hal Varian, Peter Norvig, Rodney Brooks, and Luis von Ahn. Recommender experts such as John Reidl, Eric Horvitz, and Paul Resnick will be there. Brent Smith and Kim Rachmeler are coming from Amazon Personalization. Gary Flake, Blaise Aguera y Arcas, David Gedye, and Matt Hurst are coming from Microsoft Live Labs. Caterina Fake, Joshua Schachter, and many other startup innovators will be attending.

Should be fun! If you see me there, please say hello!

Update: As I did for the last Foo Camp event I got to attend, I will try to post a summary of some of the conversations afterward.

Update: Caterina Fake did not attend, but Larry Page made a brief appearance.

Update: Four days later, I have posted a summary of some of the discussions I was part of at CI Foo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Glinden BlogThe owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.